Evaporation line vs. positive pregnancy test
It’s necessary to be proactive and keep a healthy atmosphere when planning for a baby for the first time. Both partners should do a thorough examination to ensure that their body is in good health. The ‘fertile window’ is five days before or during the days of ovulation. The chances of conceiving are higher on these days.
When they are expecting their first child, many women struggle with conflicting feelings. There will be a lot of anticipation, hopes, and joy, but also a lot of uncertainty. It’s a whole new experience to become a mother. A pregnant woman’s body will change in many ways, including hormonal changes. If you’re attempting to conceive, you’ll keep a close eye out for the symptoms.
Missing a period is the first sign of pregnancy if you usually have a regular menstrual cycle. The physical changes of pregnancy are accompanied by some common symptoms, such as mood swings, dietary aversions, bloating, nausea, acid reflux, extreme morning fatigue, sore breasts, and slight bleeding.
All of these symptoms are not necessarily caused by pregnancy, as they can also be caused by other health issues. That is why, in such cases, a pregnancy test is required to confirm the pregnancy and proceed with the required steps.
What Is A Pregnancy Test?
A pregnancy test is a procedure used to confirm pregnancy. When a woman becomes pregnant, her body produces a hormone called Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, or hCG. The presence of this hormone in the body confirms a woman’s pregnancy. The production of hCG increases once the fertilized egg implants in the uterus. If hCG is found in the body, the test result is positive; otherwise, the result is negative.
A pregnancy test can be either a urine test or a blood test. Urine tests can be performed at home using a home pregnancy test kit available from medical supply stores. Blood tests can be completed in hospitals and health care clinics. Another method for determining pregnancy is to perform an ultrasound scan.
Different Types Of Home Pregnancy Kits
A home pregnancy test is a best and most convenient option to check if you are pregnant. To check the pregnancy, you can buy a pregnancy detection kit, which is available at medical stores.
The majority of pregnancy kits feature two lines, often known as “indents.” The control line comes first, followed by the test line. The test line confirms pregnancy, while the control line evaluates test accuracy. It is difficult to determine the accurate result when you get fainted or evaporated test lines.
There are typically three different types of home pregnancy test kits.
- Dip tests
Modern test kits are also available that provide results such as “yes” or “pregnant.”
Steps To Do The Pregnancy Test At Home.
Once you buy a home pregnancy test kit, you can do the test by following the instructions.
- Collect the urine sample as directed and place two or three drops in the device’s sample well.
- Wait a few moments for the lines to appear in the result window.
- Two distinct parallel lines will appear on the test window if the pregnancy test is positive.
What Is The Evaporation Line?
Is it always a confirmed pregnancy when two colored lines appear on the pregnancy kit test window? Most of the time, the answer is ‘yes’; however, other factors may contribute to the appearance of these two lines.
An evaporation line is a mark that resembles a positive pregnancy test result. This line may appear as the second line, but it is not proof of your pregnancy. There are several reasons for the appearance of this line. One reason could be that the test was performed incorrectly or that you did not check the results within the time frame mentioned. In some cases, this could be a false pregnancy test, or you may be in the early stages of pregnancy.
When the urine in the testing window evaporates and leaves a colorless streak, an evaporation line forms. This can happen with any testing kit, regardless of brand. This type of colorless line is quite common. And it happens because of the urine’s composition.
Identifying An Evaporation Line
Since evaporation lines are quite common, how can we distinguish them from faint positive pregnancy lines on the testing kit?
Before using the test kit, make sure to read the instructions thoroughly. After placing the urine drops, you must wait for a specific amount of time, usually 2 to 5 seconds. If you want to get the correct result, you must check the test window before the urine evaporates completely.
Here are a few tips to help identify evaporation lines.
- Usually, evaporation lines are colorless. So it is not always detectable.
- They appear if you keep the test kit for a long time till the urine evaporates completely.
- They are thinner than the control line.
- The Colour of the evaporation line is not the same as the control line.
- An evaporation line may last for a longer time on the test kit.
- The evaporation line will not disappear with water. You should repeat the test using a different test kit if you feel the test was not taken correctly.
How To Identify A Positive Pregnancy?
- When you place a urine sample in the sample well, it passes through the test window, forming a tinted line known as the control line. The second line may be slightly lighter than the control line, but the thickness and color will be the same. If another tinted line forms parallel to it, it could indicate a positive pregnancy.
- Within the stipulated time, a positive pregnancy line appears.
- A faint positive line can appear on the test during the early stages of pregnancy.
- The most accurate results are obtained when the test is taken two weeks after the ovulation period.
Faint Lines And Pregnancy
The urine sample will contain hCG hormones in the early stages of pregnancy. So it appears as a faint line. However, it won’t be enough to prove that you are pregnant. To ensure the result, you can do the test again.
A second line may appear in some unusual circumstances, such as
- If you have any unusual growth in your uterus that produces hCG.
- You are undergoing any type of infertility treatment and taking medication.
- There is already hCG in your body as a result of a miscarriage;
- You are using a faulty pregnancy test kit;
- You are taking the test too early.
- You are using a diluted urine sample with a low hCG.
- A faint line will appear in a few cases due to serious health issues such as ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, or pituitary gland tumors. So if you see the same result repeatedly, you need to visit a doctor to analyze the result.
When To Take A Pregnancy Test?
As you pass your first urine in the morning, it is always best to take the pregnancy test in the early morning hours to get the most accurate result. This is because the level of hCG hormones in your urine will be at its highest during this time.
How To Prevent Evaporation Lines
To prevent the formation of evaporation lines in the pregnancy kit,
- You need to use a new kit that has not passed its expiration date.
- Always check the instructions and do according to them.
- Do not keep the test kit under too hot or cold temperatures.
- Place the mentioned amount of urine in the kit’s sample well. If you allow too much urine to pass inside the equipment, it can cause to get an inaccurate result.
Even if you receive a negative result or a faint line on the test kit, it is always best to wait two days or even a week before taking another test. It aids in obtaining an accurate result. Moreover, you need to observe the physical changes also. And as the final step, you can also approach a healthcare professional and opt for a blood test or urine analysis to ensure the result.
It is a stressful time for most women who are trying to get pregnant. Tracking the fertile days, getting pregnant, watching for symptoms, taking pregnancy tests, and waiting for the results can all lead to confusion and uncertainty, making them tense and anxious. Stress and anxiety can reduce the chances of a successful pregnancy.
Another factor that influences a healthy pregnancy is age. By the age of 35, a woman’s fertility begins to decline. Being overweight or underweight is another factor that influences a healthy pregnancy. Because of hormonal imbalances, both conditions can reduce the chances of becoming pregnant. A healthy diet pattern that includes essential vitamins and minerals improves fertility. You need to find time for body movements and exercises.
You can only have a healthy child if you have a healthy environment. You must be mentally and physically prepared if you’re trying to get pregnant. Meditation and mindfulness practices are beneficial. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and try to talk to loved ones about your worries whenever you feel anxious. You must be aware of such things and strive to keep your mind at ease.